In the past few years, online gambling has been rising, with many Canadian-friendly online casinos surpassing their brick-and-mortar counterparts in popularity. And, undoubtedly, the biggest reason for this is free slots in Canada, arguably the most demanded casino games. They are exciting and entertaining – however, the best thing about them is how diverse they are. While they are easy to understand, once you master them, you will ensure your best possible experience, as there are many things to look out for. We have prepared a comprehensive guide to all the important aspects of online slots in Canada that every gambling enthusiast should know about.
What Are Online Slots in Canada?
In simple terms, online slots are simple games where you place bets on the results of the spin of their reels. Introduced at the beginning of the 19th century, they contain reels displaying various symbols. While physical slot machines such as the Liberty Bell and its successors used a mechanical drive, video slots introduced in the 1970s began to use RNG. This special algorithm ensures the randomness of the game results. However, a lot has changed with Internet technologies, as slots became online apps available for playing through desktop and even mobile devices. So, online slots in Canada are virtual analogs of physical slot machines that you can play through the online casino website or mobile app (if available). Although online gambling has revolutionized the slot machine, the game’s goal remains the same – you have to land combinations of matching symbols to receive payouts.
How to Play Online Slots
Playing free slots in Canada is straightforward, even if you are a beginner. However, the first thing you need to do is choose an honest and reliable online casino that can be trusted with your deposit. Here are a few things to look out for when choosing a good Canadian-friendly online casino:
- License. Make sure you are dealing with a regulated online casino licensed by a reputable regulator.
- Game providers. The more software providers the online casino cooperates with, the wider the range of slots you get access to.
- Jackpots. If you want to get that very life-changing big payout, you need to make sure that progressive jackpot online slots are available to you.
- Fast and secure transactions. The casino of your choice should support banking options that are convenient for you and provide fast withdrawals. In addition, they must take all measures to prevent any data loss.
- Customer Service. Make sure that you have several channels to contact the support team. The decent casino support service is available 24 hours a day.
Once you’ve chosen the right Canadian-friendly online casino, you can head over to its game catalogue and select the game that suits you.
Choosing slots online in Canada, pay attention to such things as the number of reels, paylines, and also betting range. So, to play a game round, follow these steps:
- Set the bet size per payline using the ‘bet size’ tool.
- Set the number of paylines you want to play a game round with. Keep in mind that the more paylines involved in the game, the higher your winning chances.
- Use the ‘Autoplay’ feature to save time and avoid constantly clicking the ‘Spin’ button.
- Get paid for a combination of 3-5 identical symbols on an active payline, or play again if you’re unlucky this time.
While there are many modern video slots with innovative mechanics and brand new payout structures, in general, these games work in much the same way as above.
How to Win Playing Online Slots Canada
When playing Canada slots online, the most important thing to understand is that these are RNG-based games for a chance. This means that once you set your stake level and start spinning the reels, you cannot influence the gameplay directly. Just sit back and enjoy what happens in the game window. However, if you want to dive deeper into the gaming process of slots online in Canada, the information below will be very useful for you.
Bonuses, Scatters and Wilds in Canadian Slots 2021
As the online gambling industry gradually changes its face, slots online in Canada are also undergoing some changes. The simple 3-reel fruit slots era is long gone, as modern gamblers prefer more complex games with great graphics, exciting themes, and innovative game engines. As supply is driven by demand, many software providers offer advanced online slots in Canada (real money gambling games) featuring special symbols and various bonus features to keep you entertained. So, let’s take a look at the most popular additional features available in modern video slots.
Regardless of where they land on the reels, Scatters can pay for any combination of three or more of these symbols (the number of Scatters that form paid combinations differs from slot to slot). However, the ability to trigger free spins rounds is the real highlight of Scatters.
A Wild is a special symbol that can replace simple and thematic icons on the reels, except for Scatters and Bonus symbols. Thus, Wilds help form winning combinations even if you have not landed a sufficient number of matching icons. As the highest-paying symbol at various slots in Canada, Wild is the key to some of the highest payouts.
As the name implies, these symbols combine the functions of Wild and Scatter. They can replace simple symbols, form high-paying combinations and are also the key to bonus features.
These symbols can expand to cover the entire reel. As soon as this happens, each cell on the extended Wild reel will participate in the formation of winning combinations. In addition, some slots offer Stacked Wilds, special symbols that appear as a cluster of Wilds on a single reel. Working like their expanding counterparts, Stacked Wilds help to land winning combinations even more often.
As another type of Wilds that performs traditional substitute functions, Sticky Wilds can stay in place for a certain number of game rounds. So, upon landing, Sticky Wild will be locked in its position for several subsequent spins so that you can get the most out of this special icon.
Available in some slots (Canada), these symbols are the key to pick-me-style bonus mini-games. Launched in a separate game window, these games allow you to take your mind off the regular spins and get the occasional gift like an extra payout multiplier or free spins pack. Depending on the theme of the game, you will see several items hiding valuable prizes behind them. The type of your reward depends on which item you choose.
How to Determine Payouts for Slots Canada Online
Although you cannot influence the outcome of the reel spins, it is a big mistake to think that slots are just about simple clicks on the ‘Spin’ button. The success of your online slots gaming depends on the game of your choice. So, the paytable is the first thing you should check before proceeding with your real money stakes. Although the paytable may seem daunting to inexperienced players, it contains information that even beginner to online slots in Canada can easily understand:
- Firstly, here you will find information on payouts for each symbol combination.
- Second, you will learn about the special symbols available and the functions they perform.
- Third, you will know in which direction the paylines are being read – from left to right, right to left, or in two directions.
The paytable is what determines the payouts in slot machines, so it should be your starting point when you choose any new game.
What are Symbols, Reels and RTP
Available in all sizes and shapes, online slots differ from each other. However, they all use the same concept based on symbols and spinning reels. So, let’s find out how slot machines work.
Filled with symbols, the reels are part of the playing field of the slots. While classic slots offer 3 reels, modern slots online in Canada boast 5 or more reels. However, slots are characterized by the existence of reels and paylines, which are conditional lines across the reels that form the playing grid. Keep in mind that some modern slots use innovative game engines with a huge number of Ways to Wins (improved paylines) and clusters instead of winning combinations.
Designed to match the slot’s theme, symbols can range from classic fruits to detailed images of various items and heroes. Each symbol has its value defined in the paytable. Usually, symbols are divided into three categories – card symbols being the lowest paid, thematic icons, and special symbols in the form of Scatters, Wilds, and Bonus symbols. Thanks to RNG, symbols land on the reels in a random order, from time to time forming winning combinations.
The win rate in slots (Canada) is determined by the return-to-player ratio or RTP. In simple terms, RTP is how much the slot is expected to pay back over a certain period, expressed as a percentage of the total money spent on bets. For example, if the RTP of a slot is 96%, this means that you will receive at least C$ 96 for every C$ 100 wagered. However, the RTP does not represent the likelihood of your winnings in the short term. The opportunity to win C$ 1,000 with, for example, C$ 50 wagered is the highlight of the slot games.
Determining Payouts for Bonus Play
Designed to increase the engagement of existing players and attract new ones, online casino bonuses have different wagering requirements. For example, some Canadian online casinos offer a 100% welcome bonus with x30 wagering requirements. If you deposit C$ 100, you will receive C$ 100 of extra cash that you can spend for placing wagers in slots. However, to unlock the withdrawal option, you must place bets totalling C$ 100 x 30 = C$ 3,000. So, which slot should you choose to make your winnings available for withdrawal? The answer lies in mathematical statistics.
So, you need to choose a slot, playing which you will lose no more than C$ 100 during the wagering of C $ 3,000. It can be an online slot with an RTP of 100% – (C$ 100 / x35) = 100% – 3.33% = 96.67% or higher. Thus, the higher the RTP of the slot you have chosen to fulfill the bonus wagering requirements, the higher your chances of receiving your winnings.
Strategies for Playing Slots Canada Online
If you are looking for ways to beat slots online in Canada, you have probably already received a ton of tips that don’t work. As RNG-based games, online slots Canada (real money games) work according to a programmed algorithm that cannot be broken, which is why the lion’s share of tips and tricks on the Internet is not worth your attention. Based on our own experience, we have compiled a list of tips that will help you become a more winning player:
- Use no deposit bonuses. Working almost like free money, it comes in extra cash or free spins on certain slots. However, if you do receive substantial winnings, you will need to deposit to cash out, as most welcome promotions come with wagering requirements.
- Check the RTP. Generally, the higher the RTP, the better your winning chances are. However, you should also consider the volatility level as it determines the frequency of hits and the value of landing winning combinations. Once you understand what RTP and volatility are and how they work, you will choose the best online slot capable of large payouts.
- Choose your bet size wisely. While many resources recommend maximum bets, you run the risk of depleting your bankroll before you get a massive payout. When choosing the stake, keep in mind that in RNG-based games, your winning odds are always the same. However, while playing progressive jackpot slots, placing bets of max size is mandatory if you aim to hit the highest prize.
- Play free slots in Canada. Many online casinos allow you to play slots without financial risks to learn the features of new games and test some betting strategies.
- Participate in slot tournaments. Creating a competitive environment, slot tournaments are exciting events that provide a great chance to win extra cash prizes. However, read the terms and conditions of each promotion before joining it.
Overall, choosing the right slot, using good betting techniques, and being smart about your bankroll are the three pillars of your best online slots strategy.
Canadian online casinos offer a wide variety of online slots, all with different themes and exciting bonus features. However, they all contain reels, symbols, paylines, and work in general about the same. All this makes gamblers’ life simple, even if you are a beginner who has never played casino games before. With the above information in mind, you will be able to choose the right slot in Canada that will fully meet your expectations.